WSGS in Hazard, Kentucky
Kentucky News, weather, sports and Perry County history in photos and sound from East Kentucky's most listened to radio station.
Radio Stations & Broadcasting Companies
Radio Broadcasting Stations
- Lost Broadcasts
- Home | News | Message Board | Classifieds | HazardKentucky.com Lost Radio Broadcasts We're trying to preserve the history of Hazard, Perry County, and all of East Kentucky. WSGS & WKIC have been broadcasting in Hazard for 57 years. So many broadcasts have been lost since they were conducted live...
- East KY News
- Home | Trading Post | Hazard Blog | East Kentucky Message Board | HazardKentucky.com | Contact Us Flashback November 3, 1954 - 11 prisoners escaped from the Perry County Jail. November 3, 1969 - Groundbreaking ceremonies were held for the Perry County Library. November 3, 1974 - The June Buchanan Cl...
- Morning Madhouse with...
- Home | News | Message Board | Trading Post | HazardKentucky.com Jerry Leighton in the WKIC Studios (1948) Over fifty years ago Jerry Leighton was living in New York City when he saw an ad in Broadcasting Magazine announcing a job opening at WKIC in Hazard. He joined the station in 1948. In the two y...
- Bill Buckner
- Home | News | Trading Post | Message Board | Hazard Kentucky.com Veteran Broadcaster Dies Bill Buckner, an announcer on WKIC and WSGS in the 1950s died on Saturday in Marietta Georgia. Buckner sang on WKIC before he became an announcer. It was his singing that first got the attention of station mana...
- Elvis Memories
- Home | East KY News | Message Board | Classifieds | HazardKentucky.com Memories of Elvis by Wayne Combs, a former broadcaster at WSGS & WKIC (1958 - 1962) I associate some of my Elvis memories with being a student at the Blue Diamond Grade school located on First Creek in Perry County. Like othe...
|Business Sector:||Residential, Commercial|