Suburban Whitetail Management of Northern Virginia in Oakpark, Illinois
Gugly.com. Sports training, information, and clothing on the web.
- Transitions Often overlooked by beginners and considered by many as being too small a part of the race to matter, the transition is rarely given the attention it deserves. Don't be fooled--the transition is just as important as any leg of the race and is often your best opportunity to pass your comp...
- Streamlining Streamlining, a.k.a. spiking is a fundamental swimming technique not often mastered, even by good swimmers. It is utilized in every stroke and is especially important in short course events, since it is done off every wall. As with most other techniques, practice makes perfect--so pract...
- Pre-Race Prep
- Pre-Race Prep For all athletes, pre-race preparation is a key and often overlooked aspect of the race. For multisport athletes it is a must! Athletes that skimp on this part of the race may not pay the price every time, but they will pay the price sometime. And, if Murphy's Law holds true, the price...
- Plyometrics In many sports, such as track, swimming, basketball, and football, there is a need to develop an explosive burst. One of the most common ways to develop this quality is by doing exercises commonly called plyometrics. Plyometrics can simply be defined as those exercises which require rapi...
- Shaving Shaving down is one of those swimming oddities that puzzle many outsiders. They cannot understand how shaving a bunch of little itty-bitty hair off one's body can really help someone swim faster. They are often shocked by the fact that swimmers shave off all of their body hair that is expose...