Sacramento Valley School in Sacramento, California
The Sudbury Valley School K12 High School alternative independent responsible
American in Metro-West Framingham Massachusetts
Sudbury School Model Free Education Learn Freedom Parenting Democracy Democratic
school Meeting Staff Election Student Young Child Liberty Youth Rights Inalienable Respect Responsible
responsibility Private Sudbury Model School Alternative K12 Happy Children Framingham Massachusetts
Elementary And Secondary Schools
- Sudbury Valley School The View from inside
- The Sudbury School Days How the School Operates Into the World FAQs Upcoming Events SVS Intro Video Quick Photo Tour Photo Gallery How and When Interview Form Online Library Featured Essays Books, eBooks, CDs, DVDs Schools in the US Schools in other countries Contact Us The SVS Blog This Month's Fea...
- October 2007
- A Sudbury Valley Education: The View from Inside Michael Greenberg  In the long view of things, the concept of the school isn t that odd. In the history of human culture, public education as we know it has only really existed for about 150 years. Up until around the 1820s or the 1830s all hum...
- December 2009 - January 2010
- Can Children "Learn" Anything at Sudbury Valley School? (1) Daniel Greenberg It is a question that people ask all the time. We hear it at Open Houses, we hear it when we meet people outside, we hear it at interviews, we hear it during the visiting week, we hear it after a child has just enrolled, we...
- July 2009
- Synthesis Amanda Phillips When I dropped out of high school at age 16, I had no idea that Sudbury Valley existed. I just wasn t going to do what THEY told me to do if I didn t see a good reason for it. Life is too short to sit in a stuffy classroom taking multiple choice tests on Shakespeare (multip...
- March 2009
- Students Talk About Parental Concerns It occurred to me that the people best able to answer the concerns that parents and others have about the SVS mode of education are the students who experience it themselves. So, one day I sat down with seven teenagers and a tape recorder and I asked them the ...