Rose Parks Senior Citizens 2 in Abilene, Texas
Amusement And Recreation Services
Not Elsewhere Classified
- Elks Building
- 5. Elks Building - 1174 North First Street , The Elks Building was built in 1913 to house the Benevolent and Protective Order of the Elks. Lodge 562 existed from 1900 to 1937. The Lodge reorganized in 1955 and closed permanently in 1964. The building was used as a USO Club during WWII. ...
- T & P Depot
- & 1. T & P Depot - 1101 North First Street , One of Abilene's most outstanding landmarks, the T&P Railroad Station was built in 1910. The construction of the Depot resulted from the efforts of local civic leaders to promote Abilene. The last passenger train left the Depot in March 1967 w...
- Minter Building
- 20. Minter Building (Under One Roof) - 244 Pine , Built in 1925 to house Minter's Dry Goods Store, Taylor County's first department store. The building is now occupied by a cooperative featuring arts and crafts. ...
- Waldrop's Furniture
- 22. Waldrop's Furniture - 201 Walnut , G. W. Waldrop moved his furniture business to this site in 1934. Waldrop's is the oldest family-owned business in Abilene. ...
- Grissom-Popular Building
- 12. Grissom Building - 220 Cypress , The Grissom Building was renovated in 1990 and now houses the Center for Contemporary Arts. 13. Grissom-Popular Building - 242 Cypress, The Grissom-Popular Building dates to 1925 and housed Grissom's Department Store from 1925-1939. ...
|Business Sector:||Residential, Commercial|