Gitravel in Bethesda, Maryland
Classical record reviews and commentary by a passionate fan. Expanded, updated Goldmine columns.Career retrospectives and discographies of Toscanini, Furtwangler, Bernstein. Classical CD reviews.
Classical Music Articles
Classical Music Cds
Classical Music Commentary
Classical Music Criticism
Classical Record Collecting
- Classical Notes - Classical Classics - Beethoven: Fidelio, By Peter Gutmann
- Our consideration of Beethoven's only opera Fidelio traces its inspiration and origins , its structure , its three versions , its four overtures , a selection of recordings of historical or stylistic significance and some sources for further information. When the world's greatest composer writes onl...
- Life After Death
- Please click here for a May 2005 update 11 new volumes of the "official" EMI series With thousands of great classical artists who record avidly and prolifically, why should a collector devote any attention to a conductor who considered records obscene and cut only three in his entire life? Because, ...
- A survey of the Maestro's career and recordings the Legend , his Beginnings , his First Recordings , the New York Philharmonic Years , his Activities in Europe , his Philadelphia Orchestra Recordings , his NBC Symphony Recordings , his Recorded Concerts , his End , his enduring Legacy and my choice ...
- Bernstein Live
- Bernstein Live presents previously unissued concert performances with the New York Philharmonic Orchestra from Bach to Cage , including Ives , Wagner , Markevitch , Rachmaninoff , Bruckner , Beethoven , Schumann , Prokofiev and the avant-garde . Lenny's been gone ten years now, but you'd hardly know...
- A survey of the life and artistry of Wilhelm Furtw ngler his life Before the War , the War Years , the contrast with von Karajan ; an assessment of his Artistry , the Wartime Recordings , his life After the War , his Post-War Career , his Post-War Recordings , Celibidache and the Furtw ngler Legacy ...
|Business Sector:||Residential, Commercial|