City Academy in Salt Lake City, Utah
City Academy is a tuition-free public charter school conveniently located in downtown Salt Lake City at 555 E. 200 S. Educators from the University of Utah's College of Education founded our school in 2000. City Academy is an independent, public middle school and high school for grades 7 through 12 chartered by the Utah State Board of Education. Our school has small classes so that our capable and highly qualified teachers can work more personally with each student and engage them in meaningful learning.
High School / Charter School
- Home About City Academy Academics Enrollment Faculty and Staff News Schedules Extended Day Volunteer Giving Employment Contact Us Schedules For your convenience, City Academy has provided the following schedules to highlight important dates and times for the 2012-2013 school year. Annual At-A-Glance 2012-2013 Annual At-A-Glance 2013-2014 Start and End of School Year and Major Holidays Weekly Bell Schedule Beginning and End of School Day and Period Transitions Parent Student Teacher Conferences Beginning and End of School Day and Period Transitions During PST Conferences For additional information, please consult the Google Master Monthly Calendar by clicking here.
- Charter School Salt Lake City City Academy Employment
- Home About City Academy Academics Enrollment Faculty and Staff News Schedules Extended Day Volunteer Giving Employment Contact Us Employment At City Academy Substitute Teachers We are looking for responsible, available substitute teachers. You must have a current background check. Please bring 2 cards from your background check and a resume to our office to apply. We can provide background check forms if needed.
- Home About City Academy Academics Enrollment Faculty and Staff News Schedules Extended Day Volunteer Giving Employment Contact Us Enrollment Fall of 2013 City Academy is pleased to welcome back 7th grade for the 2013-2014 school year! REGISTER NOW! New Student Pre-registration After the Lottery We held a successful lottery for fall 2013 new students on Friday February 15th. There are still a few remaining openings that will be filled in the order of pre-registration forms received. Any prospective student who did not enter the lottery and wishes to register for fall 2013 should fill out and submit the 2013-2014 School Year Registration Packet below and the course selection form for the grade your student will be entering. If you have question regarding the registration form or about what course selections to make, please call the school office at 801-596-8489. 2013-2014 School Year Registration Packet Course Selection Forms - Fall 2013 7th Grade Course Selection Form 8th Grade Course Selection Form 9th Grade Course Selection Form 10th Grade Course Selection Form 11th Grade Course Selection Form 12th Grade Course Selection Form School Policies and Handbooks City Academy is an intentionally small school so that we may create personalized Big learning for each student and a strong school community. We encourage you and your student to visit our school to learn more about us, and to talk with teachers, parents, and students. For more information or to schedule an appointment please call 801-596-8489. We look forward to getting to know you. Policies and Handbooks Enrollment Policy Lottery Policy Parent and Student Compact for Success Parent Student Policy Handbook Emergency Procedure Handbook
- Home About City Academy Academics Enrollment Faculty and Staff News Schedules Extended Day Volunteer Giving Employment Contact Us Make A Difference in the Learning and Lives of High School Students City Academy is grateful for the foundations, corporations, and state and federal granting organizations that help us bring our students the best possible educational experiences. In addition, City Academy has many individual donors comprised of parents, board members, staff, and extended family members, neighbors and friends, and other community supporters of progressive education. Your contribution makes a difference! City Academy is a not-for-profit 501(c)3 public charter school dedicated to creating personalized, challenging education in a diverse, democratic learning environment. Matching Donations: Many companies offer matching gift programs to encourage employees to contribute to charitable organizations. If your employer matches your donations and requires a Federal Tax ID Number please use 87-0636694. City Academy is a public school and as such we do not charge tuition. We are funded in a similar manner as all public schools with a per pupil disbursement from the state. Unlike traditional school districts, charter schools cannot collect property taxes to make capital improvements, and per-pupil funding received from the state for facilities is less than that of our school district counterparts. To counteract this inequity, City Academy relies on the support of individuals, foundations, and businesses to make up the shortfall. Easy Ways To Help: City Academy can benefit from the products you normally buy and from the places where you choose to shop. We would very much appreciate your participation in any of the giving programs from products, stores, and websites represented in the icons below. Please click on an icon to see more information about how each of these opportunities work. City Academy welcomes all levels of support. If you would like to mail or fax a contribution to City Academy, please click here for a printable donation form. You may also make a secure on-line contribution through PayPal by clicking on the donate button provided below. Payment can be made through all major credit cards and debit cards with a Visa or Master Card logo. For more information about how you can make a difference in the lives of students at City Academy, please call Sonia Woodbury, Executive Director at 801-596-8489 or e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org. Payment options Recurring Donation1 : $15.00USD - monthly Recurring Donation2 : $25.00USD - monthly Recurring Donation3 : $50.00USD - monthly Recurring Donation4 : $75.00USD - monthly
- Charter School Salt Lake City City Academy City Academy in the News
- Home About City Academy Academics Enrollment Faculty and Staff News Schedules Extended Day Volunteer Giving Employment Contact Us City Academy News Newsletters Our weekly newsletter is one important way we communicate regularly with our school families. This newsletter provides pertinent current information and as well as recognition of key people and/or events each week at City Academy. To view the weekly newsletter archives please click here. We also produce a community newsletter once a year. Besides being posted on our website, this newsletter/annual report is mailed to all City Academy families and community supporters. To view the community newsletter archives please click here. If you are interested in subscribing to and receiving City Academy's Community newsletter via e-mail, please click on the following link and e-mail us. City Academy in the News City Academy teachers' and students' many accomplishments have been recognized by the media. This website will also contains links to those newsworthy events, activities, and published opinions. Feb. 2013 City Academy Senior Accepted to 41st Springville Art Show Jan. 2013 Utah Ranks 11th in U.S. For Charter School Policy Nov. 2012 Lawmaker Looking at Ways to Foster New Charter Schools Nov. 2011 USOE Recognizes City Academy As High Performing Title 1 School Oct. 2011 Alex Nygaard Selected Utah Special Education Paraeducator of the Year Sept. 2011 GreenIt Event and Urban Beekeeping on KUTV June 2011 City Academy Students: It's Easy and Fun Being Green May 2011 CA Student Receives Comcast Leadership and Achievement Scholarship May 2011 DoSomething.org Awards CA $1000 For Green Your School Challenge May 2011 CA Represents Utah at National Mock Trial Competition April 2011 CA's Urban Beehve Reloaded April 2011 CA Student WinsUtah Counci of Exceptional Children's "Yes I Can" Award Mar. 2011 Knit-bombing Salt Lake City With Random Acts of Art Mar. 2011 CA On State Office of Education's Transition Tour Jan. 2011 CA Abe Lincoln Night - Advanced US HIstory Class Aug. 2010 CA Success on the International Stage Dec. 2009 Utah Charter School Turns 10 Mar. 2009 Grants Foster Technology Use in the Classroom Feb. 2009 CA Students Make Fuel to Run Their "Bio Bus" Jan. 2009 Group Draws Attention to Air Quality Issues June 2008 Sonia Woodbury Receives Charter School Trailblazer Award April. 2008 CA Honors Students For Service Learning Work Mar. 2008 CA Students Help Scientists With Project Budburst Mar. 2008 A Green Works! Project in Action:Biodiesel Energizes Us Dec. 2007 Whole Child Education - Sonia's Story Oct. 2007 Dave Erhman - 2007 Oustanding Paraeducator June 2007 Gareth Orr Charter School Teacher of the Year Mar. 2007 Healthier Eating From the Ground Up Feb. 2007 CA Teacher is Environment Educator of the Year Oct. 2006 New Home for Salt Lake Charter School Jul. 2006 Creating a Caring Environment Feb. 2006 Service Learning Grant Awarded to CA Aug. 2005 Charter Schools Blossom Mar. 2005 Cruising On Cooking Oil - Deseret News Weekly Newsletter Archives 2012-2013 School Year August - Week 4 January 1, 2, 3, 4 September - Week 1, 2, 3, 4 February 1, 2, 3 October - Week 1, 2, 3, 4 March 1, 2, 3, 4 November - Week 1, 2, 3 April 2, 3, 4 December - Week 1, 2 May 1, 2, 3, 4 June Annual Community Newsletter ArchivesBy Year 2012 Summer 2011 Summer 2010 Summer 2009 Summer 2008 Winter Summer 2007 Summer 2006 Winter Summer 2005 Summer 2004 Winter
Hours of Operation:
|Monday: ||AM 8:00 to PM 5:00|
|Tuesday: ||AM 8:00 to PM 5:00|
|Wednesday: ||AM 8:00 to PM 5:00|
|Thursday: ||AM 8:00 to PM 5:00|
|Friday: ||AM 8:00 to PM 5:00|