359th Fighter Group in Gretna, Louisiana
Unusual Literary Journeys
Patrick H. Adkins
Alexandre Dumas Pere
Edgar Rice Burroughs
Not Elsewhere Classified
- Patrick H. Adkins' Strange Excursions
- David H. Keller as Pulp Writer by Patrick H. Adkins copyright 1979 Patrick H. Adkins. All rights reserved. Almost from his first appearance in the pages of Amazing Stories , David H. Keller, M.D., (December 23, 1880-July 13, 1966) played a seminal role in the development of modern science fiction. W...
- Hal Foster's Tarzan in Color
- Hal Foster's Tarzan in Color To someone like me, who grew up in the late 1950s and early '60s, Tarzan in Color (the new series of reprints of the Tarzan Sunday comics drawn by Hal Foster and Burne Hogarth) is a revelation. Reprinted complete, in original color, and at as large a size as your librar...
- Foster Concluded/In Defense...
- Foster Concluded/ In Defense of Jane Volume 3 of NBM s wonderful Tarzan in Color series concludes Foster s Egyptian sequence and begins a series of adventures revolving around the Princess Mihrama. Diving from a high mountain cliff into a hidden cove (June 24, 1934, strip #172), Tarzan immediately b...
- Tarzan Forever : A Study...
- Tarzan Forever A Study in Moral Imbecility Review by Patrick H. Adkins Tarzan Forever: The Life of Edgar Rice Burroughs, Creator of Tarzan by John Taliaferro Scribners, 1999, ISBN 0-684-83359-X Hardcover, 400 pages including index, $30.00. Edgar Rice Burroughs (1875-1950) was one of the most widely ...
- Even the Worthy Edgar . . .
- Even the Worthy Edgar Perhaps, endowed as he was with supersensitive perceptive faculties, Tarzan should have sensed the presence of an enemy; but Even the worthy Homer sometimes nods, Edgar Rice Burroughs tells us in the opening chapter of Tarzan and the City of Gold . That quotation is especia...